Reports to: Director Media Operations
We are looking for a data analyst who puts the customer first, is eager for challenges, who thrives in a collaborative work environment and, when presented with a problem, won’t quit until they find a solution.
The position will require knowledge and experience with data mining techniques, statistical programs, quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills, data visualization techniques, and presentation of results in visual, written and oral formats to a wide range of stakeholders. A successful candidate is curious and willing to study, master and incorporate new analytical techniques and programming languages, where necessary.
The data analyst will be a member of the agency Analytics Center of Excellence. This individual will work in a fast-paced environment as part of multi-disciplinary project teams, delivering best-in-class science-based marketing and advertising analytic solutions to the organization and its clients. The successful candidate will bring a balance of creative problem solving, hands-on data analytics and manipulation, and practical software integration and scripting skills.
This team member will participate, collaborate and contribute to all major tasks, including requirements, analysis, solution design, development, testing, training, implementation and support.
The data analyst will provide support in making strategic data-related decisions by analyzing data, finding actionable insights, and working with leaders and stakeholders to drive planning, optimization and reporting. The right individual will take the lead in data quality, including data profiling, cleansing, standardization, classification, de-duplication, modeling and statistical analysis.
The data analyst must have programming proficiency with analytical platform software and BI systems expertise, including, but not limited to, SQL, Alteryx, R, Tableau and/or some experience with SAS or SPSS.
- 2+ years’ analytical work experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in a technical/data analyst role in a data-driven environment
- Strong working knowledge of SQL—able to query complex datasets, including using all types of joins between multiple tables
- Professional experience performing statistical analysis using R or other programming languages on large datasets
- 2+ years’ experience in data mining, large-scale data acquisition, transformation and cleaning both structured and unstructured data
- Competency in data manipulation and analysis—accessing raw data in varied formats with different methods and analyzing and processing data
- 2+ years’ experience with data visualization tools (Tableau/Qlikview)
- Considerable experience with statistical tools and methods to incorporate statistical results into analysis
- Experience with analytics for one or more of the following: web, mobile, search, social or email; direct marketing analytics is a plus
- Experience with analytics for one or more of the following advertising mediums: television, radio or digital (display advertising, search marketing, online video, social advertising)
- Has successfully managed projects through partnerships with cross-functional teams, both internal and external
- Proven ability to identify automation opportunities within current analytics processes and work closely with IT to implement solutions
- Strong knowledge and comfort level with Excel
- Ability to turn vague concepts and asks into well-documented and effective business metrics and insights
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
- Ability to work well within a team environment and take constructive criticism, coaching and feedback on a consistent basis
- Highly detail-oriented and organized with the ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, mathematics, statistics or other applied science field
We look forward to hearing from you. If your skill set doesn’t match this opening, apply anyway. Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org