Digital UX Strategist (Contract to hire)
Reports To: VP, Digital Marketing
As an integral member of the team, this candidate will be responsible for bringing a full spectrum of digital strategy and implementation of tactics for digital creative, including banner advertising, email, landing pages, video and social (primarily Facebook, but experience within Instagram, Twitter and YouTube is a plus).
The successful candidate will have 4+ years’ experience documenting artifacts using UX and information architecture best practices.
This candidate will lead and champion best practices of consumer engagement and response in a digital environment, for both desktop and mobile.
This candidate should have strong experience in designing test matrices across both messaging and formats.
More specifically, experience in knowing what strategies and tactics lift brand metrics (e.g., online ad awareness, familiarity, likelihood to recommend to others), and drive digital acquisitions (e.g., online sign-ups) is desired.
- Act as the primary advocate and experience lead on cross-disciplinary project/product teams.
- Works closely with account and production to define technical and business requirements. Then works with creative to make sure those requirements are met.
- Consult to and collaborate with various projects and teams on usability and interaction design challenges.
- Be confident and capable working collaboratively with many stakeholders from across the organization’s functions.
- Be curious, sharp and aware; steadfast in defense of both the user experience and the editorial brand, but flexible in managing and balancing technical and business requirements.
- Create work with digital creative team members to develop documented format best practices across social ads (Facebook and Instagram), HTML5 banners, email and landing pages.
- Proof digital assets to ensure adherence to digital style guide and PSA compliance prior to delivery to client.
- Participate in strategic discussions on creative test matrices.
- Implement digital strategies, knowing the parameters that are unique to certain industries/clients.
- Communicate and present campaign results.
- Review reports, trends and results and interpret data to make proactive recommendations to advance the campaign and the client’s business initiatives.
- Collaborate with the digital account executive andassist the VP of digital, as necessary.
- Be highly skilled at crafting wireframes, storyboards and other descriptive artifacts of logical design and interactive experiences.
- Have experience designing and crafting sharp Web and mobile sites and software applications, and possess a well-rounded portfolio that includes examples of exceptional UX work.
- Guide the definition of user behavior goals and craft elegant solutions to meet those goals.
- Create technology schemas and/or other artifacts necessary to communicate logical and functional design and interfaces, user flows and information architecture.
- Possess experience with Web production, particularly within the unique environment of landing pages, microsites, email and banners.
- Have a keen understanding of usability and user interface on the Web and more broadly across interactive experiences and applications.
Digital Industry Knowledge
- Keep abreast of all things digital (UI/UX, WCAG compliance, website and email design/development best practices blogging/microblogging, podcasting, video sharing and streaming).
- Demonstrate understanding of social media tools.
Education and Experience
- A BS/BA degree in marketing, communications or related field
- 5+ years developing and working on digital best practices within banner advertising, email, landing pages, video and social (primarily Facebook and Instagram)
- An active involvement in online communities and new technologies as well as a strong understanding of digital insights and metrics
- Expertise in technology, all things digital, and a proactive desire to keep well-versed on new digital trends and social technologies; be completely immersed with Facebook and Instagram
- A strong interest in how businesses utilize online and mobile communications to dialog with their target audiences
- Proficient at problem solving and brainstorming for solutions
- Strong ability to analyze and interpret data, graphs and charts
- Demonstrated intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications
- Excellent verbal communication skills
User Experience Competencies
- User-Centered Design
- Information Architecture
- User Research
- Usability Testing
- Interaction Design
- Rapid Prototyping
- Stakeholder and User Interviews
- Requirements Gathering and Definition
- Persona and Scenario Development
- Competitive Analysis
- Heuristic Evaluation/Expert Usability Review
- Surveys and Questionnaires
- Responsive Design
User Experience Software Requirements
- – Axure, Omnigraffle or Visio