Reports to: Media Director
The Media Buyer position is responsible for seeking out, purchasing, negotiating and optimizing media space for a variety of clients.
- Negotiate, purchase and optimize profitable media buys by obtaining the most competitive prices in the marketplace
- Diligently monitor daily buy maintenance, including, but not limited to, the reviewing of pre/post logs, resolving discrepancies, maintaining budgets, ensuring clearance percentages, achieving client goals, no charges, fire sales, etc.
- Develop and retain good relationships with stations; should maintain daily contact
- Test new markets and time periods, and monitor performance
- Regularly communicate with key people within the company regarding details about buys, stations and any research so as to help campaign managers make good buying decisions
- Optimize our rates with creative media packages, including getting “no charges” and “fire sales”
- Be an expert on the stations you buy, including trends and demographics of the station
- Understand internal department procedures and deadlines and how they tie back to the media campaign
- Holistically understand the TV landscape to effectively manage, develop and grow our client business through our media plans and strategy
- Understand each station’s restrictive programming per client and how it affects the campaign
- Have deep understanding of MediaMath (CPO, ratio, CPC, CPP, CPM ROI, etc.) and know how to build a buy when given such goals as TRPs, CPP, CPM, etc.
- Make high-quality profitable media buys
- Maintain up-to-date rate card information and programming
- Working knowledge of MediaoOcean buying software with buy maintenance experience, which includes entering, revising and canceling media buys
- Ability to pull and understand a variety of media reports from buying software
- Establish good station relationships
- Ensure accuracy in all areas for media management
- Provide good follow-up as it relates to answering questions, voicemail and emails from stations and other Quigley-Simpson employees
- Complete assignments and/or agreements within deadlines
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in TV media buying at an advertising agency
- Excellent negotiating, analytical and communication skills
- Proficient at problem solving and brainstorming for solutions
- Experienced in buying national, syndication and local market DRTV and brand response campaigns
- Demonstrated intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experienced in using various media research tools such a Kantar, Nielsen and SRDS
We are an equal opportunity employer who will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We look forward to hearing from you. If your skill set doesn’t match this opening, apply anyway. Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org