Reports to: EVP Account Management & Development
The Account Director will be responsible for spearheading integrated initiatives across all internal channels and multiple client groups, and with other agencies/vendors. This includes the management of key day-to-day client relationships and supervision of account team’s functioning to ensure all work is strategically and creatively on target and delivered on-time and on-budget. Primary responsibilities include managing comprehensive campaigns, day-to-day client and account/creative/production management, strategic planning, recommendations and overall problem solving associated with management, development and implementation of successful ad campaigns.
This position will oversee three accounts and they have different needs. Two of the accounts are focused on work for large utilities that require a full complement of strategic, creative and media expertise from the agency, and the Account Director will need to spearhead all projects. One of the accounts is a major international entertainment company that needs advanced eCRM capabilities from the agency. The Account Director will need to be well versed in best practices for eCRM/email/in-app/push messaging, as well as have some familiarity with the analytics required to evaluate tests and recommendations based on test results.
Therefore, the Account Director will need a solid foundation across heavily digital and non-digital skill sets, with the ability to lead teams devoted to each account.
• Acts as client relationship manager, understands client’s marketing objectives and works with Creative, Media and Account Management teams to develop strategies that meet those objectives on a daily basis
• Acts as a primary advocate for the client’s brand on accounts, ensuring brand consistency across all projects, and actively acquires thorough knowledge of the client’s business to meet objectives
• Assists EVP/Group Account Director and other account staff with a dynamic workload
• Is a departmental role model on how we guide and advise junior staff in their direct responsibilities, enabling and encouraging exceptional performance from Account Management team
• Consults with internal and external teams to be certain client objectives are clearly understood and then assists in the development of strategic solutions
• Maintains a current and broad knowledge of client’s business and competition in order to direct and contribute to marketing and advertising plans, strategic planning and implementation; keeps apprised of client’s brands, products and/or services in an ever-changing marketplace
• Initiates and reviews reports, trends and results, and interprets data to make proactive recommendations that advance the business initiatives
• Reviews creative work for the supervised projects, obtains upper-management approval before submission to client, and keeps management appropriately involved and informed on all major aspects of projects
• Reviews plans for the supervised projects, providing input and insight; ensures plans are consistent with business goals/KPI
• Provides assistance related to agency/team/management policies and practices
• All skills associated with a senior leader managing a strategic, creative, multi-project, online/offline media account
• eCRM skills: familiarity with email deployment platforms, test plan development, in-app and push messaging platforms and best practices, how to interpret analytics results and provide recommendations based on same
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related field
• 7–10 years of agency experience
• Experience with multiple marketing channels including offline media, paid social, paid search, digital display/video
• Experience with an eCRM platform