Quigley-Simpson is a full-service advertising agency with deep roots in the television and growing OTT/CTV space. With offices in Los Angeles and New York, we are one of the largest purchasers of Direct Response media in the country.
The Junior Media Buyer’s responsibility is to negotiate, purchase, optimize and monitor deliveries to ensure client deliverables are achieved. Quigley-Simpson is looking for a passionate individual who understands media and the challenges we face daily, with the ability to be nimble when needed. We are a collaborative group of individuals who work hard, play hard and have fun doing it. Quigley-Simpson cares deeply about our clients and strives to engage their audience with the most effective and efficient media.
• Buyer will diligently monitor daily buy maintenance, including, but not limited to, the reviewing and entry of pre/post logs into our management system, resolving discrepancies, maintaining budgets, ensuring clearance percentages, achieving client goals, no charges, fire sales, etc.
• Develop and retain strong, significant relationships with stations/networks through daily interactions via in-person, phone and email.
• Develop creative media packages through optimizations, key insights and client KPIs
• Buyer is an expert on their stations/vendors and will manage and update trend reports, demographic profiles, programming and rate structure
Provide supervisors with marketplace conditions and changes, offering thoughtful and insightful solutions to marketplace challenges
• Effectively screen pre-logs and post-logs for content, alert stations if running in restricted programming and credit media as necessary based on content restrictions
• Input and send out buys/IOs, revisions, time schedules and cancellations for themselves and others if needed
• Retrieve order confirmations and digitally file all contracts/paperwork
• Assist Director/Supervisor/Buyer in reporting and special projects
• Minimum 2+ years experience in media buying
• Buyer must have understanding of media math (CPO, CPC, CPP, CPM, ratio, etc.) and know how to build a buy when given such goals as TRPs, CPP, CPM, etc.
• Demonstrates solid technical and negotiating skills
• Working knowledge of Media Ocean buying software (preferred but not required)
• Proficient at problem-solving and brainstorming for thoughtful solutions
• Demonstrates intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
• Experienced in using various media research tools such as Kantar, Nielsen and SRDS (preferred but not required)
• Excellent communication skills