Reports To: Media Director
Quigley-Simpson is a full-service advertising agency with deep roots in the television space. With offices in Los Angeles and New York, we are one of the largest purchasers of Direct Response media in the country.
The Media Buyer position plays a key role in the media department and towards the success of our clients. The buyer’s responsibility is to negotiate, purchase, optimize and monitor deliveries to ensure client deliverables are achieved. Quigley-Simpson is looking for a passionate individual who understands media, and the challenges we face daily with the ability to be nimble when needed. We are a collaborative group of individuals that work hard, play hard and have fun doing it.
Quigley-Simpson cares deeply about our clients and strive to engage their audience with the most effective and efficient media.
• Buyer will diligently monitor daily buy maintenance, including, but not limited to, the reviewing of pre/post logs, resolving discrepancies, maintaining budgets, ensuring clearance percentages, achieving client goals, no charges, fire sales, etc.
• Develop and retain strong significant relationships with stations/networks through daily interactions
• Develop creative media packages through optimizations, key insights and client KPI’s
• Buyer is an expert on their stations, including managing and updating trend reports, demographic profiles, programming and rate structure
• Provide supervisors with marketplace conditions and changes, offering thoughtful and insightful solutions to marketplace challenges
• Buyer must have a deep understanding of Media Math (CPO, ratio, CPC, CPP, CPM ROI, etc.) and know how to build a buy when given such goals as TRPs, CPP, CPM, etc.
• Must ensure accuracy in all areas of media management
• Assist Director/Media Supervisor in reporting and special projects
• 2 years’ experience (minimum) in TV media buying
• Demonstrates solid technical and negotiating skills
• Working knowledge of Mediaocean buying software (preferred but not required)
• Proficient at problem solving and brainstorming for thoughtful solutions
• Demonstrates intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Experienced in using various media research tools such as Kantar, Nielsen and SRDS