Reports To: Media Director
This position assists our Direct Response Television Media Buyers in placing and maintaining media buys, preparing and confirming bookings, and making revisions.
This is an entry level position working in the Television Media Buying department.
The ideal candidate is driven and focused, loves working with numbers and details, and communicates well on the telephone.
Please apply ONLY if working within Television Media Buying fits in with your career aspiration.
– Contact television stations to obtain buy confirmations
– Input buys and solve discrepancies
– Create reports and format in Excel
– Pull, read and analyze reports
– Email stations weekly regarding various issues, e.g., restrictive programming
– Manage confirmations and cancellations
– Write credit memos to stations and confirm receipt
– Manage post log deadlines
– Call stations to resolve discrepancies
– Understand traffic procedures and deadlines
– Regularly communicate with buyer on clearance, order confirmations and rotations
– Assist in a variety of miscellaneous department tasks
– Ensure accuracy in data entry
– Troubleshoot and problem solve as appropriate
– Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and follow-through skills
– Meet media deadlines
– Able to multi-task and manage shifts in priorities
– Professional business writing skills
– Able to effectively investigate and solve problems
– Proactive, independent thinker
– Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
– Able to manage expectations and adapt to a variety of personalities
– Able to make good decisions
– Beginning to intermediate proficiency at MS Office programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
– Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field
– 1+ years’ prior experience in an administrative assistant or coordinator capacity