We are looking for a Manager, Data & Analytics with significant experience in advertising/media, business intelligence (BI) and data visualization, someone who always keeps the customer first in mind, insists on continuing to learn every day, thrives in a highly collaborative work environment and is relentless in finding a solution to challenges.
The role is part individual contributor and team leader, responsible for leading the day-to-day analytics engagements across key agency accounts, with an opportunity to grow into a larger leadership role as the nascent analytics group at Quigley-Simpson expands.
The Manager, Data & Analytics will be responsible for performing omni-channel media research, analysis and insights reporting of vertical market trends, competitor analysis, potential and existing customer analysis, and campaign performance analysis. They will examine a campaign’s ROI/ROAS; identify new market opportunities; perform extensive data and market research; analyze marketing metrics to identify cause and effect relationships; identify positive financial outcomes to increase profitability; analyze competitors; meet with clients to ascertain marketing goals; generate reports that analyze customer behavior; and offer insights that drive client growth goals.
The position requires significant experience with marketing analytics across multiple channels (Social, SEM, Programmatic, Mobile, OTT, CTV, Linear, etc.) and an understanding of how to align online and offline KPIs with different points in the purchase funnel to explain the value of upper- and lower-funnel channels. Knowledge of rules-based attribution models and attribution reports in web analytics (Google Analytics, Adobe) and ad tracking platforms (DCM, TTD, Innovid) is a plus, as is experience using SQL to query and explore databases.
The Manager, Data & Analytics will be a member of the agency’s Data & Analytics team. This individual will work in a fast-paced environment and closely with multi-disciplinary project teams delivering rigorous business and analytics solutions to the organization and its clients.
- 4+ years in analytics overall; 3+ years in marketing analytics
- 3+ years working in a client-focused environment such as an ad agency or adjacent business
- 3+ years of experience working with a data visualization tool and experience designing dashboards for different stakeholders with different needs and goals
- Experience with web analytics platforms and using them to analyze paths to conversion and to generate insights around the impact of marketing
- Experience providing analysis and insights for one or more of the following: web and search traffic; email messaging statistics; social media trends; and offline media impact
- Experience conducting ROI analysis, making optimization recommendations and developing key insights for online and/or offline advertising
- Working knowledge in SQL and one of these programming languages: Python or R
- SQL tests will be administered to all candidates
- Has successfully managed projects through partnerships with cross-functional teams, both internal and external
- Ability to work well with a team environment
- Highly detail-oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task and work in a very fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field required, Master’s degree preferred
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead and mentor 1-2 senior analysts or analysts
- Manage assigned client engagements and workloads
- Manage data visualization platforms, including managing the API connections and offline data inputs, updating data models as needs change, establishing templates and best practices for the organization
- Understand and help define the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of campaigns and marketing activities and derive relevant metrics, targets, and data collection strategies
- Devise and own analytics and reporting processes, including requirements-gathering in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Execute data visualization and dashboards in Tableau
- Function as a liaison between account teams and technical resources to translate business needs into data infrastructure and reporting approach
- Analyze collected data and present results, including hypothesis development
- Perform analytical “deep dives” as needed
- Monitor and provide optimizations recommendations for omni-channel campaigns
- Design and conduct A/B testing and make recommendations for optimization