Title: Associate Media Director, Media Investment
Quigley-Simpson is a full-service advertising agency located in West Los Angeles that specializes in strategy, marketing, media planning and buying, brand building, creative development, production and multicultural advertising. The agency combines the disciplines of direct response advertising with branding to create effective and accountable campaigns that enhance our clients’ return on investment. We do this for both creative and media clients. Quigley-Simpson’s extensive experience spans across television, OTT/CTV, digital, audio, print, out-of-home, collateral, direct mail and mobile advertising.
As the ideal candidate, you will have a firm understanding of developing media plans that support client business objectives, as well as the ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment—and being fun to work with at the same time! 😊 We are looking for a go-getter with the desire to advance their media career through the opportunity to learn new skills, acquire more responsibility, and get greater client contact in a smaller, more entrepreneurial agency.
This position plans and helps direct part of the Investment group’s department actions, practices and overall performance. In doing so, this position is ultimately responsible for media planning, activation, team management and overall client satisfaction.
This is a leadership position within the company, where you not only work effectively on your own projects but also manage the work of others, thus this position consistently coaches, counsels and role-models Quigley Simpson’s desired performance standards.
- Media planning, campaign and team management, and buying
- Develop, implement, manage and maintain media plans and campaigns; ensure goals are being met (budgetary, TRPs, impressions, CPO/ratio, CPP, CPM, etc.)
- Reallocate campaign schedules by station/network/vendor as needed and work closely with media buyers, supervisors and directors to proactively manage spending and deliverables
- Analyze and review media-related reports and logs to track, monitor and make decisions against campaign results (internal reports, Nielsen, Innovid, MRI, etc.)
- Regularly communicate details about buys, vendors and research with other teams and directors to help make ideal buying and campaign decisions against KPIs
- Supervise, mentor and regularly communicate with your team members in their individual performance and direct responsibilities; enable and encourage exceptional work from your team
- Collaboratively work with multiple departments (Investment, Strategy, Account Services, Finance, Traffic, etc.) and participate in client meetings when needed
- Negotiate, purchase and steward buying in linear, OTT/CTV, audio, etc., obtaining the most competitive pricing to achieve client goals and objectives
- Develop, grow and enhance vendor relationships by maintaining strong rapport to negotiate the most efficient rates and secure added value where possible
Accountabilities, Skills, and Experience
- Maintain ownership of planning and managing your campaigns, along with your team’s overall responsibilities
- Create a positive work environment that promotes motivation, encouragement, performance and overall growth/development of your team and those around
- Make certain the VP and Group Media Director are aware of all campaign details, team developments and any potential issues
- Negotiate and purchase quality, profitable media buys (linear, OTT/CTV, audio, etc.)
- Ensure you and other buyers develop and maintain strong relationships with stations/vendors
- Ensure accuracy in calculating numbers and analyzing reports
- Complete assignments and/or agreements within deadlines
- Resolve discrepancies in a timely manner
- Provide good follow-up as it relates to answering questions, voicemail and emails from stations and other Quigley-Simpson employees
- Ability to be flexible with responsibilities and jump on any miscellaneous duties based on agency and client business needs
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) and 5+ years of progressive experience buying National TV media (DRTV preferred); managerial, OTT/CTV, audio experience is a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of linear media in DRTV and general market across National Cable, Syndication, and Network
- Excellent negotiating, analytical and verbal communication skills
- Proficient at problem-solving and brainstorming for solutions
- Strong project-management skills
- Demonstrates intermediate proficiency with Excel and Microsoft Office; experience with Mediaocean is a plus