We are looking for an Analytics Supervisor or Associate Director with significant experience in advertising/media, business intelligence (BI) and data visualization, someone who always keeps the customer first in mind, insists on continuing to learn every day, thrives in a highly collaborative work environment and is relentless in finding a solution to challenges.
The role is part individual contributor (acting as the analytics lead on some key accounts for next 6 to 12 months) and part BI manager and administrator, with an opportunity to grow into a team lead as the nascent analytics group at Quigley-Simpson expands.
The role will be responsible for managing BI tools (Datorama, Tableau, etc.), establishing best practices for dashboards and data visualization, sharing key learnings across the team, assisting colleagues in solving BI problems, and staying abreast of platform updates and feature additions. They will also be responsible for leading digital media analytics on a few Quigley-Simpson clients, including reporting, trends analysis, attribution research, and meeting with clients to review results and findings. The role could grow to include managing a team in the future—it’s a small team, and you can help drive its growth moving forward.
The position requires significant experience with marketing analytics across multiple channels (Social, SEM, Programmatic, Mobile, etc.) and an understanding of how to align online and offline KPIs with different points in the purchase funnel to explain the value of upper- and lower-funnel channels. Knowledge of attribution models and attribution reports in web analytics and ad tracking platforms is a plus, as is experience using SQL to query and explore databases.
The Analytics Supervisor/Associate Director will be a member of the agency’s Analytics Center of Excellence. This individual will work in a fast-paced environment and closely with multi-disciplinary project teams delivering rigorous business and analytics solutions to the organization and its clients.
- 5+ years in analytics overall; 2+ years in marketing analytics
- Experience working in a client-focused environment such as an ad agency or adjacent business
- Multiple years of experience working with a data visualization tool and experience designing dashboards for different stakeholders with different needs and goals
- Experience with web analytics platforms and using them to analyze paths to conversion and to generate insights around the impact of marketing
- Experience providing analysis and insights for one or more of the following: web and search traffic; email messaging statistics; social media trends; and offline media impact
- Experience conducting ROI analysis, making optimization recommendations and developing key insights for online and/or offline advertising
- Working knowledge in one of these programming languages: SQL, Python, or R
- Has successfully managed projects through partnerships with cross-functional teams, both internal and external
- Ability to work well with a team environment
- Highly detail-oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task and work in a very fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field preferred
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage agency’s data visualization platforms, including managing the API connections and offline data inputs, updating data models as needs change, establishing templates and best practices for the organization
- Understand and help define the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of campaigns and marketing activities and derive relevant metrics, targets, and data collection strategies
- Devise and own analytics and reporting processes, including requirements-gathering in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Execute data visualization and dashboards in Datorama
- Function as a liaison between account teams and technical resources to translate business needs into data infrastructure and reporting approach
- Analyze collected data and present results, including hypothesis development
- Perform analytical “deep dives” as needed
- Monitor and provide optimizations recommendations for omni-channel campaigns
- Design and conduct A/B testing and make recommendations for optimization